Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

JNA gas mask markings?

Article about: Greetings! I was wondering if anyone has information about certain specific markings on the JNA M59 (M1) gas mask? I have two examples - both are Yugo M59 gas masks, but have different marki

Question JNA gas mask markings?

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone has information about certain specific markings on the JNA M59 (M1) gas mask?
    I have two examples - both are Yugo M59 gas masks, but have different markings (picture)

On the left only the M-59 designation and size S ("Srednja", medium); on the right however underneath the M-59 marking and size marking there are these numbers "86 . 92"

I cannot find any visible or noticeable differences on the gas masks themselves, except for these markings.

Full disclosure: I got them in the "civilian" bags (Komplet za ličnu zaštitu građana), and not in a military carry bag. I sadly do not have the technical cards that used to come with them (at least the military issued one).

Any ideas? Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JNA gas mask markings?