Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

m60 Czech Parka from Vojenská katedra Of the Technical University of Prague

Article about: Nothing hugely earth shattering but nonetheless interesting, Czech m60 in Jehlici/Oblaky (needles/clouds) pattern badged up to the Vojenská Katedra that is the Military Department of Prague

Default m60 Czech Parka from Vojenská katedra Of the Technical University of Prague

Nothing hugely earth shattering but nonetheless interesting, Czech m60 in Jehlici/Oblaky (needles/clouds) pattern badged up to the Vojenská Katedra that is the Military Department of Prague Technical University apparently every university in Czechoslovakia had such a department and was similar in Idea and execution to the American ROTC program. sadly the bleedthrough of the IR Dye for the NVG camo has obliterated the stamps but that being said all in all not bad for £3.50 from a thrift and a nice little addition to the cold war collectionm60 Czech Parka from Vojenská katedra Of the Technical University of Prague
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m60 Czech Parka from Vojenská katedra Of the Technical University of Prague  

?

That would have been a reasonable price for the badge alone.
    You have a nice solid coat hanger for it,I think I've broken a couple of cheap plastic ones on these coats.
    They really do weigh a lot.
    I just ordered an insulated liner for one of these off Ebay.
    I haven't seen them before and I hope it buttons in ok.
    Will post it when I get it.
    I like your badged example and I love the price.

well the only patch that matches I've found online is £7.40 (8.67 euros) so I reckon I did alright, probably going to start putting together a complete Impression now.

Look forward to seeing it.

well militaria fair/cold war living history event this weekend just been paid as well so I'm flush with slightly more cash than usual hopefully i can everythign together in one place and have it up by Monday.

For me I don't have a lot of Czech bits but I have a couple of helmets and caps plus this M60 --
    Camo Bits

post 237

Got to say the Czech helmets are nasty! flick it and they ring like a frikken bell!!

So i've heard, apparently troops literally used to call them "the Bell" for that reason, I've got a mk IV British helmet that does the same thing.

?

https://youtu.be/JqSETLIYMVo
    I think the East Germans also used the "bell" description for their helmets.
    I keep adding to my Czech stuff but the M60 trousers are hard to find.
    There are some nice posts on this forum regarding Czech gear if you use your basic Google search and add War relics.eu to it.
    I find it easier to search a particular item within the forum that way as a basic user.
    Rene's Camo bits are worth checking out in full.