Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!

Article about: Hello all, I came across this helmet for sale recently and knew I had to have it. I had wanted this type of Czech helmet for some time, and the comb on top was an additional incentive. After

Default Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!

Hello all,

I came across this helmet for sale recently and knew I had to have it. I had wanted this type of Czech helmet for some time, and the comb on top was an additional incentive. After taking a look at the helmet, here are some interesting things I've noticed:

1) The helmet is in almost unissued shape aside from the staining on the liner. Upon closer inspection it is clear this helmet was somewhat crudely repainted at some point, but the ink date and manufacturer stamps look to be correct.
    2) According to my research some of these helmets made their way in to fire and civil defense units, and those examples can have a comb. However, all of the ones I have been able to find (and it hasn't been many) were painted black. This helmet looks to have the standard mustard green paint of other Vz 32 helmets.
    3) I have only been able to find one example of the black combed versions of this helmet that have the comb attached in the same way this one is. Many I have seen were riveted to the shell. Mine and one other I have seen appear to have been spot welded.

I have mixed feeling about this one. I'm not sure if it was a civil defense/fire helmet that had a coat of standard issue paint applied, or this was the way it was manufactured originally. In any case, I'm opening up this one to the knowledgeable members of the forum for some second and third opinions. Any information would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is able to find pictures of this helmet being worn I would be truly grateful. Thanks!

Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!Oddball Czech Vz 32 Helmet with Comb. Help!

MAP
    ?

I know nothing about these so can't help. But certainly an interesting helmet. Thanks for showing!

Hopefully someone will be able to provide some information
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is an interesting one. I cannot help with the ID but I am looking forward to hearing what other's think.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

It should be civil air defence probably, maker is slovakian Sandrik probably. Possible later went for export.

With the comb, it should be a fire helmet. It is supposed to have small non-dismantling rivets. And black color.
    Yours looks like an army one.