Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria

Article about: This is a helmet i picked up mostly because i have never seen one like it and it was cheap. Was hoping anyone had information on it could not find anything online. Thank you

Default Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria

This is a helmet i picked up mostly because i have never seen one like it and it was cheap. Was hoping anyone had information on it could not find anything online. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria   Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria  

Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria   Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria  

Unknown helmet possibly from Bulgaria  

It doesn't look bulgarian to me, more like a really smooth East German helmet (maybe the photo isn't good but it looks to me as a perfect cone)? Try Brandon's Helmets. You might find something there.

It does not really look like an east german helmet... they dont have vent holes and a completly different lining.
    Very interesting piece.

?

It does look like a Bulgarian M51/72 but possible had the shell cut down. The green paint on the inside looks like it's been ground away. Does it have a vent on the back, I can't say for sure from the photo's.
    Odd for sure.

Yes it does have a vent n the back and original green paint on the inside. It is very unusual have been told by others it was used by armor drivers but can’t be certain

‘Trimmed-down Bulgarian in my opinion.......but had it been “official” ie cut-down by the military wouldn’t it all be the same colour (including the edge)??? Perhaps done for a movie / production of some kind ?