Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern kit set

Article about: Greetings! I recently acquired this complete set. It is the Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern camouflage. Apparently for diversionist/saboteur units (maybe even special paratrooper un

Default Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern kit set

Greetings!

I recently acquired this complete set. It is the Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern camouflage.
    Apparently for diversionist/saboteur units (maybe even special paratrooper units and scouts)?

The full kit is made out of:
    - oversuit (top and bottom half)
    -- Top half has a hood and has loops for adding foliage and netting per users needs
    - shooter's gloves/mittens
    - carry bag

It is the first camouflage pattern officially used by the JNA (Yugoslav People's Army) after WW2, and features both a macro and micro pattern on it. It is not a dedicated uniform.
    The green buttons have the "star" stymbol on them.
    The bottom half of the oversuit has slits for easy pocket access.

The pattern was printed on Soviet-style sniper suits, much like those used in World War II. Current rumors are that the fabric was supplied by East Germany and was very lightweight. Two colour variations (dark and light) have been documented. Although primitive in design, the uniforms remained in service well into the late 1990s.

More info about the suit (including photos):
    1) Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern oversuit - Yugoslavian "mountain" pattern oversuit | Equipment Wiki | Fandom
    2) Camopedia / Yugoslavia - Yugoslavia - Camopedia
    3) Yugoslavian "Mountain" Pattern Camouflage Effectiveness (Youtube/Brent0331) - YouTube

My photos:

CBH
    ?

Great looking suit, nice to see it all together. Thanks for sharing.

XJC
    ?

That's a very cool camouflage and set. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!
    I wanted to share this because it is very rare (even here in the Balkans). I started collecting mostly YPA stuff because it is what is affordable for upstart collectors (here) and to preserve some pieces of historical equipment.
    Most rare items are already in private collections or in museums, thus very hard to acquire. Also, any information about the YPA's equipment is hard to get since the Internet has litle information, and also here in the Balkans many of the stuff written is not digitalized and is hard to get.
    That's why I wanted to share this. A nice little piece of equipment and a piece of history.

CBH
    ?

There are a many camouflage collectors on this site and we always appreciate seeing something rare.
    There are also camo threads with multiple posters, if you find one you can add you kit to the post.
    Also welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote by CBH View Post
    There are a many camouflage collectors on this site and we always appreciate seeing something rare.
    There are also camo threads with multiple posters, if you find one you can add you kit to the post.
    Also welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Thank you!