Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles

Article about: A couple of pre WWII nickel Prussian Police buckles.

Default Re: 1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles

Hello David,

there was the same discussion in a german forum some weeks ago. IMO the buckle with two small roundels under the pin and fine stamped eagle on the reverse is the fake, of course, but my buckle with the bad stamped eagle on the reverse is the original. What is your opinion?

Best,
    Sascha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles
    P
    Many

?

Very nice buckles here, guys!

David, can you explain, why this particular buckle is a fake?

Best,
    Guido

Dear Sascha and Guido

In 2009, I was asked by a collector for an opinion on the buckle shown in posts 8, 9 and 10.

I responded that the buckle was in my opinion, original and in a first class and non worn condition.

The collector then kindly directed myself to a well known German militaria site where apparently, these buckles are always for sale and always in the same pristine condition. The site it must be said has a huge number of fake and fantasy buckles and is well known for this. Attached are images of one, currently for sale.

Perhaps I should have said that I am assuming that the one I showed is the fake, based on advice by a collector who I think bought from the earlier mentioned German militaria site. To be perfectly honest though, this buckle still looks perfectly fine to myself.

I do not think that the presence of a "mirror" reverse emblem or a "semi blind" reverse emblem is an indicator as to whether fake or original. I wish that it was so simple.

Perhaps I will have the chance to examine one of these buckles if I make it to Kassel this year, however at the back of my mind is the thought of - is it perhaps a self perpetuating collectors myth that the buckle is actually a fake and which may be based solely on source?

Regards,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post

...To be perfectly honest though, this buckle still looks perfectly fine to myself.

...I do not think that the presence of a "mirror" reverse emblem or a "semi blind" reverse emblem is an indicator as to whether fake or original. I wish that it was so simple.

...is it perhaps a self perpetuating collectors myth that the buckle is actually a fake and which may be based solely on source?

This is exactly what I also think about this particular buckle, David!

Many thanks for your opinion!

Can you provide me please with the name of the mentioned site?
    (if not wished to post here alternative via email)

Regards,
    Guido

It seems that we need more information about this particular buckle, measures weight and directly relation with others like this. I canĀ“t believe that all this buckles with the two small roundels under the pin are faked.

Best,
    Sascha

?

Well, I am also a little bit confused about this particular type of buckle. I would say is well worth to note further comming outs of these Prussian police buckles with two "dots" under the pin shroud. If it will turn out that they are fake: "Nice prospects!!"

Fortunately we still have some examples with features wich provide a quite good feeling!

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles   1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles  

1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles   1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles  

1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles   1st and 2nd Pattern Prussian Police Buckles  

I think it is a nice genuine buckle to be honest!
    Ben

Whatever the case I always looked for the marked buckles -mine is pictured as is Quido's. I think one of the problems is the variants involved ,the numbers that have been showing up and the like new conditon of these supposedly fake buckles. I not sure there will ever be an answer that satisfies everyone.

Bill

As an after thought. Did anyone take note of the one piece brass "Rural Police" buckle I posted on this thread? Note the construction of the prong bars on this one. A very scarce variant and seldom encountered. Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2