Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.

Article about: Hello, I've stumbled upon a listing for a what looks like to be a polizei buckle but I can't tell if it original or not. I'm not sure if its possible to see if its original or not just by lo

?

Default Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.

Hello, I've stumbled upon a listing for a what looks like to be a polizei buckle but I can't tell if it original or not. I'm not sure if its possible to see if its original or not just by looking at the pictures because of the bad condition. The sellar has old antique stuff for sale and a good looking RAD buckle so he looks "trustoworthy" and the polizei buckle itself is only 10 euro. I'm just worried it might've just been dipped in acid or had some other treatment. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I would really appreciate any help.
    Best regards,
    Litwa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.   Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    I would consider this buckle to be an original relic.
    My question is, do you collect finds dug out of the ground like this?
    10€ for this buckle, with this corrosion, isn't for my too much ?
    Can this find be preserved or will it crumble into dust?
    I don't want to lecture you, but there are certainly buckles found in the ground that have more substance.
    But it's all a question of personal taste.
    Original = yes
    Buy recommendation = no

Regards to Poland
    kabl

?

Thanks for you response, I just think it would be a nice piece to have, even though it looks like it does I still like it, all the corrosian has its story. I'm pretty certain I could hopefully get rid off all the rust and restore it. It's still a polizei buckle afterall, and I just don't want to spend so much money for one thing in good condition. I'm still deciding if I should get it and I'll take your words into consideration.
    Thanks,
    Litwa

?

Sorry but I wouldn’t want it for free. If you do buy it I would just leave it as is. Cleaning it will probably make it look worse.

I'd rather buy a denazified one than this.

Regards

I must admit, you could not give this pile of rust too me, IMO not worth being in any collection
    Ben

Quote by Steiner77 View Post
    I'd rather buy a denazified one than this.

I have this nicely denazified police buckle that I like to think was done by the owner so he could retain it in the immediate aftermath of the war.

Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle. Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.

There is lots of documentary footage of the Feldgendarmerie being used for traffic control by the allies....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Yes,
    A nice example.. It should be noted that after the surrender in 1945, the Reich's uniform buckles were initially continued to be used by the police and gendarmerie. Only the swastika was removed from the middle of the buckle. This apparently happened - at least in part - quite professionally, certainly in one workshop or another, but the remaining police officers certainly also lent a hand and used the file themselves
    These “denazified” buckles were partly applied in the western occupation zones until the early 1950s and then replaced.
    Regards
    kabl

?

My buddy Garry has a bunch of denazified buckles. The police buckles are usually well done. Probably because they were still being worn by Police officers post war. The SS just had the swastika punched out. The others are over stamped.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Horrible condition and corrosion police buckle.