Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei Buckle oLc

Article about: Hi guys, I have been looking for a nice Polizei Buckle and Belt to complete my original feldgendarmerie uniform set. I noticed that especially Polizei buckles are hard to get (in my experien

Default Polizei Buckle oLc original?

Hi guys,

I have been looking for a nice Polizei Buckle and Belt to complete my original feldgendarmerie uniform set.
    I noticed that especially Polizei buckles are hard to get (in my experience) these days.
    So I came across a nice and available piece that caught my eye. However, I'm quite unsure about the originality about the Buckle since the makers mark oLc is on an unusual place. The makers mark is near the metal clip (hopefully zooming in works.
    So I hereby politely ask for some advice regarding the originality of the buckle, and belt if possible.
    I'll be posting a pic of my Feldgendaramerie uniform set once I have fully completed the set (most likely at the end of this year).

Thanks!

SpanishSoldier.

Polizei Buckle oLcPolizei Buckle oLcPolizei Buckle oLcPolizei Buckle oLcPolizei Buckle oLc
    Last edited by SpanishSoldier; 05-14-2021 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Unclear message

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei Buckle oLc
    P
    Many

?

Nice private purchase buckle, the belt is original as well...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

OLC RAD buckle, same makers mark..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Buckle oLc  

?

This was in my collection some time ago, the belt came with a right facing heer buckle, they now both reside in Kirby's collection..
    Attached Images Attached Images Polizei Buckle oLc 

Quote by SpanishSoldier View Post
    …I have been looking for a nice Polizei Buckle and Belt to complete my original feldgendarmerie uniform set…
    Perhaps you could provide some basic details of your Feldgendarmerie uniform?

Cusp of war transitional SchuPo, des Heeres, der Luftwaffe, SS-Feldgendarmerie, Marineküstenpolizei, Feldjägerkorp or whoever?

I have a feeling that the buckle which you have shown, albeit original, will be unsuitable.

Regards and best wishes,

David

You're partially right about having the wrong belt, but not the buckle.
    It's just a matter of replacing the belt from black to brown.
    Here are some pictures of my Gendarmerie uniform.
    In the link below is the uniform from jamie7d7 who also fitted and completed his set, I am trying to recreate what he did since he has the exact same one, except I also have the original pants.
    My Gendarmerie uniform
    Polizei Buckle oLcPolizei Buckle oLc

My apologies, however when in your opening post you mentioned Feldgendarmerie, I was blissfully unaware that you were actually referring to Gendarmerie.

I agree that the Gendarmerie wore orangey brown leather accoutrements, including their buckle strap. As for the buckle that has been chosen, a casual glance would suggest correct, however it is a private purchase and walking out “Extra-Koppelschloß” and one not normally worn for day to day service. There were always exception to the rule of course.

Just to partially contradict myself, it would appear that on extremely rare occasions, a Feldgendarmerie cuff title was worn on the type of Gendarmerie uniform that has been shown here. This apparently at the time when the Feldgendarmerie was just being formed by the introduction of regular police members, awaiting the issue of Wehrmacht uniforms.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

The belts are tough to find but they look great. The hardest thing to find is a nice pair of boots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei Buckle oLc   Polizei Buckle oLc