Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?

Article about: Hi, I bought this water police buckle for my collection. I just want to make sure everything's okay. Thank you. Peter.

Default Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?

Hi, I bought this water police buckle for my collection. I just want to make sure everything's okay. Thank you. Peter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?   Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?  

Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?   Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?
    P
    Many

Buckle is original but I am sceptical ref the paint/wash, the colour looks wrong to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?   Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?  

Ben

Ben, thank you for confirming the originality. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to reliably confirm in this case whether the color is original or not. The condition was of course included in the price of the buckle: D

?

I have had several of these CTD steel Police buckles. Silver and gold painted. This buckle is original but it looks like it might be plated instead of painted. Some photos under natural light without a flash might help. Some examples.

?

In any case, this color on the buckle cannot be wiped off with Acetone either, and I do not know of any other way to verify whether the buckle has been gilded again or not. The seller said it was a "Mint". Of course, I would like to believe that, but I also have doubts about the original color.

Thank you for the reactions, I will try to take a few more photos in daylight and insert them into the thread.

?

Interesting to note the buckle that started the thread and the first two I posted have flaws in the same spots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Water Police Buckle C.T.D. - original?  

My problem nowdays is what Wim Saris told me. post war he (or his friend) witnessed buckles being produced and anodised/paint gold to sell to allied forces as war trophies
    Ben

I'm sending two photos of the buckle in daylight. In any case, I really have no idea now whether it is a period buckle with such a surface treatment, or a post-war production, as Ben writes. In addition, it does not occur to me that the gold color / anodizing is additionally finished.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast