Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Cloth Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz

Article about: I’ve had questions in the past about this award so I thought I’d post it up to show it and maybe allow people who have more knowledge on this item enlighten us. I’ve seen this version

Default Cloth Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz

I’ve had questions in the past about this award so I thought I’d post it up to show it and maybe allow people who have more knowledge on this item enlighten us. I’ve seen this version of the wound badge in silver and gold but never been able to get my hands on those examples and I’ve only ever seen one gold and one silver online. From what I’ve read these where intended to be worn on sports wear but I’ve not been able to find period photos to prove that. I’d be happy to learn more about this as I don’t see them too often.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi

These photos are old so if you would like I’d be happy to take close ups of certain areas.

Cloth Verwundetenabzeichen in SchwarzCloth Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cloth Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz
    P
    Many

Bill Shea has one on his Ruptured Duck page - $160 - and he too mentions the "thought" that they were for sports shirts ( which I find odd )
    Why only these ... and why not other awards in this cloth material?

The silver & gold were for major wounds, limb or eyesight loss or a head wound - & I can't envisage those poor buggers running the track & field!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The only other award with this same style is the DRL Sports Badge in cloth, I believe Bill Shea has on of these too, maybe that’s why it’s thought they are used on sports shirts, because the only other award like this is the sports badge? Anyway just a theory.

I’m currently eyeballing a silver version that I’m going to try and pick up when I’ve got the money, not sure if I’ll find a gold version but who knows.

Cheers,
    Bodhi