Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Article about: Recently got this black wound badge but not very happy with it. The finish does not look quite right and the dots do not seem quite right between the helmet peak and the sword hilt. 44mm x 3

Default Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz

Recently got this black wound badge but not very happy with it. The finish does not look quite right and the dots do not seem quite right between the helmet peak and the sword hilt. 44mm x 37mm, could anyone offer a second opinion please.Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in SchwarzVerwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-25-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    P
    Many

I don't like the lack of detail in the sword hilts, and I don't see a rear rivet either.
    I would pass on this one.
    Ralph.

P.S. Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I quite like it ,Hardware seems ok , Rim doesn't look to low, as we know their are at least a couple of manufacturers who didn't put a rivet at the back of the helm. Maybe the lack of detail is perhaps due to the thick paint? i look forward to seeing other opinions , Regards Paul

Thank's Ralph, condition is very good, maybe too good to be true. I had doubts on closer inspection, interesting to see further opinions.

Thank you Paul, the paint is quite thick and does take the edge off the detail a little.

There IS a rear rivet - you just have to look close as it is small and can be mistaken for part of the pebbling.
    I have one the same and I'm comfortable with it ( no idea on maker though )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan, Feeling a little more confident with the badge after a couple of positive comments. I have had a few of these over the years but thought this one was probably a copy, see what other comments come through.