Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen in gold

Article about: Hi Everybody. a few weeks ago I got my fingers burnt with a black wound badge that was pretending to be gold. I have just bought this one from a reputable dealer with a money back guarantee

Ralph do you have a pic of the entire back of that silver L24 wound badge you posted. Interested in seeing the hinge and full pin.

Cyclist, I was at a show recently and talked with owner of Epic Artifacts. He had some of the best medals and badges at the show. He had a tank destroyer badge that was mint, wish I had brought more money.

John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in gold
    P
    Many

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph do you have a pic of the entire back of that silver L24 wound badge you posted. Interested in seeing the hinge and full pin.

John
    Here.
    All it takes is a little searching.
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, L24, Fritz Zimmermann
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi everybody. I have an update on this badge. I met up with the dealer over the wekend and asked him about whether or not the badge had been re-finished and he told me the following. Whether you believe it or not is up to the individual.

He said that he had the badge for some time and that it was a zinc example which has now started the early phase of absorbing the gilding. He said that at first, the gilding will become much lighter and then slowly start to absorb the remaining gilt. This would make sense, as the pin - which is made of a different material - looks like it has dark gold gilding and the rest of the badge which is made of zinc has now adopted a light gold finish with a slightly pebbled effect. If this is to be believed, then it is fascinating to see how this process starts, rather than the almost totally gray examples we are used to seeing.

Anyway, make up your own minds on this and feel free to comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2