Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Authentic or fake?

Article about: First of all I am sorry about the pictures being sideways. I don't have the badge and these are the only pictures I could get. So this one here don't have a makers mark and I don't feel righ

Default Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Authentic or fake?

First of all I am sorry about the pictures being sideways. I don't have the badge and these are the only pictures I could get.
    So this one here don't have a makers mark and I don't feel right about it. I don't know, something just bothers me with this specimen but what are your opinions? Is it possible to tell if this is an original one or not from these pics?
    Since I don't know much about Verwundetenabzeichen badges, all opinions and information very much appreciated, thank you.

Eren.

Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Authentic or fake? Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Authentic or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Gold Authentic or fake?
    P
    Many

Looks original but afraid it is a the award in black with the paint removed. Regards, Paul

Thanks for your reply Paul. I am grateful.
    I wasn't aware of such thing. Is there a way to tell if its actually 3rd class or first class ? Is the color off? Or does the layer under the golden coat indicates such thing?
    I still wonder what others would say though.

Eren.

I would agree with paul, looks like a Black example which has had all its paint removed.
    There are some hollow back Gold examples, but this is not one.
    Brett has a good eye for these if he manages to see your thread.

Morris
    Last edited by KMMorris; 01-14-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks a lot Morris. I believe you are right. All little black spots look like leftover areas. Like they couldn't remove that spots. I checked other threads and images and couldn't find a first class example like this one. However I don't understand whether did they paint it gold after removed the black paint, or the color of the badge was gold beneath the black paint. Can someone enlighten me?

Eren.

Quote by erentukenmez98 View Post
    Thanks a lot Morris. I believe you are right. All little black spots look like leftover areas. Like they couldn't remove that spots. I checked other threads and images and couldn't find a first class example like this one. However I don't understand whether did they paint it gold after removed the black paint, or the color of the badge was gold beneath the black paint. Can someone enlighten me?

Eren.
    The base colour of the metal under the black was a goldish brass/tombac colour .

Morris

?

Hello Eren,

The boys have already nailed it. This is an original black badge in tombac/brass, minus the black paint. There is no gold paint on it, what you see is the base metal. This particular design will also be found in steel, and is one of the few genuine badges that does not have the rear rivet.
    The seller is trying to lead you astray if he says it is gold.

Regards
    Brett

?

Here is a recent thread from the WAF showing a badge of the same design in a Carl Poellath packet.

Carl Poellath BWB with Packet -

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards
    Brett

Does anybody have a link to a genuine hollow gold wound badge so we can compare/educate ourselves?

Never really been a believer of hollow back Gold badges to be honest. I have never come across one in hand in 45 years of collecting. But have seen plenty of stripped back black badges pretending to something they are not.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast