Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?

Article about: Haven't had one before that looks like this, so I thought I'd ask the Forum hive mind. Thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance!

Hi Jonas, I ascribed that to poor picture quality, but the more I look at this badge the more dubious it looks to me. You are right, swastika on this example looks different than on that one from GCA database, some other details are not as it should be too. If this is not genuine zinc Deschler badge, than it could be copy of that variant, but reverse hardware looks quite good on this piece though.

Best regards,
    Franko

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?
    P
    Many

Thanks for the thoughts so far, gents! I will try to take another set of pictures. The lack of detail on the right handle is a problem with the picture, I believe.

The poor detail of the right sword handle is due to the thickness of the paint. This badge is in good condition, just the paint is coming off.
    There is no scuffs on the swastika which is always the first to show signs of wear.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm with Ralph on this one.
    It looks like a good steel badge that has been stripped and repainted badly IMO

Cheers
    Doug

Hum, a repaint might be possible. On the rear view if you look at the wreath on the left side has the paint pooled slightly? It seems thicker on that side than on the other?

Alright, as promised here are the new pictures. Took them from a bit further away, so the details are better (camera apparently isn't great at macro). I think now you'll see that the dulled details in the first set of pictures was due to the camera, not the badge.

The wear seems consistent with a badge in great shape that was tossed in a drawer for 70 years with other odds and ends. Doesn't look like wear from wearing, but rather wear from random coins, pens, pins, and whatever other stuff it was packed up with for decades. (To me, anyway.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?   Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz - opinions?  

I agree with Doug regarding this one. It is original piece which is most probably repainted.

Best regards,
    Franko

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2