Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black

Article about: Hey guys, I purchased a black wound badge yesterday in a local store. I need some second opinions on the badge, as I am concerned that it could have been painted & also if it is indeed a

This is what I understand to be a Chaos-Fake...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black
    P
    Many

?

No Mate, thats a known pattern and authentic. Assmann and a few others used this design:

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz, Chaotic Dot or Assmann Design.

The thread starter badge is fake.

Regards
    Brett

Thank you kindly, Brett - I gladly stand corrected!

?

I have read through the forums - Just to clarify- is it the wavy pattern between the swords that gives it away? Thank you again. I just want to give the right information back to the dealer when I am to ask for a refund

?

I hold my hands up Brett, well spotted. It fooled me. Well spotted.
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-19-2023 at 08:03 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by LF95 View Post
    I have read through the forums - Just to clarify- is it the wavy pattern between the swords that gives it away? Thank you again. I just want to give the right information back to the dealer when I am to ask for a refund
    That's the main giveaway.Then there's the misplaced dot in the pattern between the sword tips.This can be seen in all of the threads that I posted, but for the sake of clarity, the WAF synopsis has the flaw highlighted and shown best.

Regards
    Brett

?

Thank you very much for all your insight Brett - Unfortunately I couldn't access the awards forum, and It won't let me create an account to view what you shared! I have analysed the examples from the other links you have shared though and I greatly appreciate you informing on this.

?

Perhaps somebody more computer savvy than myself could post the WAF photo from the link showing the highlighted faults?

Regards
    Brett

?

Photo credit to RonnyR.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black   Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black  

Verwundetenabzeichen - Wound badge in Black  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

wow! these fakes are getting tougher to fool a person. I compared it side by side with my photos and you are 100% correct Brett! I can't thank-you enough for spotting this out for me, also thank you again Adrian for sharing this from the Wehrmacht awards forum. You are both great gents and I appreciate your time to help me as a new collector. Massive lesson here for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2