Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....

Article about: I recently came across this WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen Badge for Sale. Although I think it is probably authentic and from WW1, I would really appreciate comments from the much more knowledgeab

Default WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....

I recently came across this WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen Badge for Sale. Although I think it is probably authentic and from WW1, I would really appreciate comments from the much more knowledgeable Members of this Forum.

Please let me know your thoughts, comments, or areas of concern (if any) about this Badge and its possible Authenticity.

As always......Thanks in advance.

Harold

P.S............If anyone can tell me how to keep the Photos from rotating incorrectly when I post them, I'd really appreciate it...Sorry they're hard to look at when their on their Side.

WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Verwundetenabzeichen...Genuine WW1?....Opinions please....
    P
    Many

Verwundetenabzeichen in silver, Appears good to me but you might wait for some of the experts to chime in.
    Besides only being made in 1918 during the war I believe they were also made when Hitler came to power for WW1 veterans who did not recieve there medals before The Great War ended up until about late 1941, I am not sure on how to tell if it is a 1918 or 1930's wound badge though.

Regards.

Great comments Mordecai! That's what I'm thinking. From what I can tell, I think it was made by Schickle?.....and you are absolutely correct from what I have learned online. Many soldiers did not receive their Verwundetenabzeichen during (or just after the War). Many were actually awarded many years down the road and I understand that Hitler authorized issuing them to WW1 Veterans up to 1941.....THANKS again!
    Harold

?

It is a Schickle type badge with a catch commonly used by this maker. This design however, will be found made in tombac/brass, steel, zinc, with differing dot patterns and differing ranges of quality and hardware. This leads me to suspect that there were possibly more than one maker using this design. Here is a link to the GMIC forum showing period catalogues. You will find the November 1938 Schickle catalogue on page 2.

Schickle and other wartime catalogues. - Page 2 - Germany: Third Reich: State, Civil, NSDAP Awards & Decorations - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Regards
    Brett

A Big Thanks Brett! .......I'm always amazed by all of the GREAT Information I receive from all of the Members on warrelics.eu! I really appreciate your comments and detailed info!....THANKS for the "link" too! Can't wait to look it over!

Thanks again Brett!

Harold