Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen

Article about: I wonder if anyone can help me with this,I recently purchased a panzer assault badge from a local dealer and now have doubts to its authenticity the clasp pin appears rudimentary ,square and

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen

I wonder if anyone can help me with this,I recently purchased a panzer assault badge from a local dealer and now have doubts to its authenticity the clasp pin appears rudimentary ,square and tapered ,all examples I have seen on sites appear to have a ball joint and round pin arrangement.The FW Assmann and sohn stamp seems to be in the correct place but still not a 100% sure.I would welcome some expert opinions thanks in anticipation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen   Panzerkampfabzeichen  

Panzerkampfabzeichen  
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-04-2021 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen
    P
    Many

You are correct to be suspicious. As you noted the hardware is wrong. The pin and hinge are completely the wrong shape for this maker and whilst the catch is a flatwire type it is too high up and the base is the wrong shape.
    Looking a the front I think it is trying to be a 2nd die type but both on the obverse and reverse the detail is soft and looks like a poor casting. Can you tell what the metal is and is it with an applied finish?
    The maker mark is poorly defined as well and partially obscured by the hinge block which should as you say be a "ball" hinge.

Nothing to do with this badge but the mark here is not Assman which is the little sylistic "stick man". This mark is known as "AS in triangle" because the actual maker is unknown (unless it has been identified recently). In short this is a poor copy. I do hope you can get a refund. Just as a matter of curiosity, was it the price of an original or was it cheap?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The pin...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Brent,

Sadly this is a reproduction,, but would fool many who are new to TR collecting without prior research or the availability of reference material.

Here is the link to the database of original badges...

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/datab...ampfabzeichen/

Hopefully you can get a refund..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

As the others have said, this one is a fake.
    You can compare the details to a couple of my original examples here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle

Also, please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)