Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic? Maker?

Article about: Hi collectors, hope you are all OK during these strange times that we live in! I returned home from a trip to Budapest today and brought some treasures home with me; one of them unfortunatel

It does look a lot better cleaned but, the tension foot on the pin, and the catch, still give me reason to pause.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen authentic? Maker?
    P
    Many

Thank you for your second oppinions, much appreciated as always! What is it about the tension foot and catch that you don’t like?

I spent the whole day researching this badge further, being worried that I’d been duped. I came across the example atached here below: Now that I’ve cleaned mine, the obverse seems identical to my eyes? It even has the same excess material in the cut-out to the left of the reloaders window. That picture stems from another forum, where it’s stated that different versions of this badge (flat back Vienna design), all using the same die, exist, with different hardware on the back.

I don’t know, it’s just that the badge cleaned up and all ”feels” like the real deal.

Just to be clear, so there’s no misunderstanding about that: I do value the oppinions of you more experienced collectors highly and I always respect experience. The collective knowledge on this forum has been invaluable to my collecting! Just after a healthy exchange of information and looking to learn more (and obviously keeping this nice badge in my display as opposed to the ”box of shame”)!

If you compare the angled photos of the hinge and catch with those on my thread, you should be able to see the differences.
    I will be able to better answer this when I am at home.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There are very good copies of this unknown maker on the market.
    Here is an accepted fake, posted on another forum.
    Compare the details, and the catch.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2