Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?

Article about: I saw this one in military dealer case at local antiques shop. I held off purchase due to soft detail in adler and also the coarse material around head - looks like flash from casting to me.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?

I saw this one in military dealer case at local antiques shop. I held off purchase due to soft detail in adler and also the coarse material around head - looks like flash from casting to me. Here it is for reviews and advice thank you.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?
    P
    Many

It looks like a Deumer "Daisy" that has had a hard life.
    Compare with this one.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, Wilhelm Deumer Bronze "Daisy"
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank you Ralph; it is marked $195 but with sale going on it would be around $175. This would be first PAB in collection so might be worth it as a starter. Thoughts?

After looking at it a little closer, I would not recommend you pursue this one.
    Beside the lower left track, compare where the small veins branch out from the main veins with my example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Compare here.
    Ralph.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze - Deumer or fake - Thoughts?

Also, the overall pitting in the headlights, swastika, and turret sides and lack of detail overall.
    And I don't see any trace of a "Daisy".
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-17-2020 at 05:45 AM.

?

It's not original badge.

Thank you both for the comments and advice on this badge.