Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?

Article about: Hello guys, I saw this panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze and thought it would be a nice addition to my collection. Since I'm not very experienced in medals I would like your opinions on this on

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?

Hello guys,

I saw this panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze and thought it would be a nice addition to my collection.

Since I'm not very experienced in medals I would like your opinions on this one.

Do you guys think it's an original or do you guys see something that isn't right about this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?
    P
    Many

?

Ralph is your man for Panzer badges but I can't see anything wrong with it. To my eye it looks like an original badge from Edelmetallwerke List & Hertl - Wien 89. I note looking at a few examples, some have dished backs, some, such as here are flat or flatter.
    Hopefully Ralph will see this and confirm or deny my thoughts.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I am not a fan of this one.
    As Adrian said, the reverse is flat, I have not seen an original with this feature to date. Also, All EWE PAB's that I have viewed have a very "clean" hinge solder job, no excess solder as this one does.
    Another point is the hand filing on the reverse that EWE PAB's are known for, this maker displays this trait more than any other. (I don't see any on this example).
    There are also some details on the obverse that I am skeptical of.
    I have seen this very example somewhere else recently and refrained from commenting as I was not sure, and did not like what I saw. If you have any other options, I would pursue those instead.
    You can compare with both of my examples in the following threads.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE.
    Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph for your answer.
    Medals and awards are soo incredible difficult .
    Well I will leave this for what it is and look out for the next one!

?

Yes, the photos are good but the light is too flat, it's hard to tell if there is any dished reverse. I've attached a couple of images from Giel's Militaria with what appear to be flatter backs. Obviously one is denazified.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in bronze, marked EWE, original?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Original badge.