Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze original

Article about: Hello, I have a question regarding the originality of this and Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze marked E.W.E. It's hard for me to decide whether the Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze is original

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze original

Hello,

I have a question regarding the originality of this and Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze marked E.W.E. It's hard for me to decide whether the Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze is original since I have read that E.W.E was a small maker of medals, but I don't really know much.
    I have compared it with others examples I found online and it looked good and similar.
    Is the catch also repaired?

Thanks in advance,

SpanishSoldier

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze original
    P
    Many

Here are a couple of threads containing both of my examples, and some very good discussion around this maker.
    Ewe made Panzerkampf Abzeichen
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze, EWE.

I believe the one you posted s a cast copy.
    Look closely around the hinge mounting area, I think you will see some differences.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Been looking at this for a couple of hours. someone is going to have to put me out my misery. I cant see what's wrong with it.
    Please help
    thank you

Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Been looking at this for a couple of hours. someone is going to have to put me out my misery. I cant see what's wrong with it.
    Please help
    thank you

Rod
    Hi Rod,
    Take a close look at the hinge and the surrounding mounting guide.
    These are two different examples.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I can see that someone has went over the top with soldering the hinge plate on.
    Here is a semi relic one i picked up a few years ago for peanuts purely for study purposes . it looks like someone has melted the hinge off, or someone at some point has tried to repair it and made an mess of it. the only signs of it ever being a bronze example are the small patches either side of the hinge guide. I am starting to think that there may have been at least two back mounds . one with the eagles shoulders pretty parallel with the top of the hinge guide. and another with the left hand shoulder slightly higher. don't think this can be put down to filing because it would take to much away from the front of the wing.
    just a though, might be way off.
    thank you
    Rod

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze originalPanzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze original

Unless he can post better photos of the hinge soldering, I will stick to my assessment.
    Ralph.