Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart

Article about: Hi all, I bought this a while ago after some basic research. It seems good to me, albeit it is not the "lily pad" version I read about. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart

Hi all,

I bought this a while ago after some basic research. It seems good to me, albeit it is not the "lily pad" version I read about.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart   Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart  

Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart   Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Looks like a good 4.2.1 in silver by Frank & Reif . Matches well with the one in Philippe De Bock's book .

Quote by raz View Post
    Looks like a good 4.2.1 in silver by Frank & Reif . Matches well with the one in Philippe De Bock's book .
    The only problem I have with this badge is the catch.
    It should not be round, it should look similar to this.
    Ralph.

Maybe better photos would help.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It looks warped/distorted. Perhaps it was originally rounded, but was bent out of shape when dropped?

B.B.

Thanks guys - always appreciated.

If I had to guess - I'd say the catch got stepped on or bent that way - see pics - or is it a sign of a fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart   Panzerkampfabzeichen by Frank and Reif, Stuttgart  

I would say it has been squashed. What I was looking for is the flat at the bottom, where it is soldered.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hope these help -

Quote by mjm1965 View Post
    Hope these help -
    Not really, I didn't mean the base, I meant the bottom of the catch.
    The photos in post #5 were okay.
    Ralph.