Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

Article about: I inherited this from my wife's uncle. It is marked GB (Gustav Brehmer of Makneukirchen) Can anyone provide construction and value details? I understand it was for surviving 50 tank battles.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"

I inherited this from my wife's uncle. It is marked GB (Gustav Brehmer of Makneukirchen) Can anyone provide construction and value details? I understand it was for surviving 50 tank battles.

Vet Notes

Vito Fruci served in the 3rd Battalion, 45th Division, 179th Infantry. He saw action in Anzio, Sicily, Salerno, Africa and France. He also one of the first ones to liberate Dachau. The day before Germany surrendered Vito was walking down a dirt road when he saw an officer approaching on a motorcycle. He hid in the woods and jumped out in front of him pointing his gun at him. The officer stopped and surrendered. Vito took these badges and his motorcycle and let him go.

Last edited by rbminis; 01-09-2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50"
    P
    Many

Please read this thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You will need to post more, and more detailed photos of this award.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

You can compare the details with my example posted here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen III Stufe "50", GB, Gustav Brehmer
    There are very good fakes of this award.
    Ralph.

Also, why was this posted in the dagger section of the forum?
    Ralph.

raz
    ?

Better straight on pictures as Ralph suggests would be nice . I do see the die flaw in the swastika so a good indication .

This is a direct vet gift. He was my uncle and he brought this home. It came with a some other items so I am not concerned about originality. I am also aware of the events surrounding how he acquired this during the war.

More pics

Textbook Brehmer, very nice worn original.

Jordan