Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber genuine?

Article about: Hello every one, thank you for your time reading and helping me in advanced my dad got this some months ago,but im unsure about it, from what ive seen online from reading im doubting it,henc

?

Question Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber genuine?

Hello every one, thank you for your time reading and helping me in advanced my dad got this some months ago,but im unsure about it, from what ive seen online from reading im doubting it,hence why im here, thank you

Panzer assault badge,
    Last edited by rbminis; 07-27-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber genuine?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I'm a little rusty on my PAB's having not purchased one in a number of years but this looks like a good zinc Assmann (see the maker mark on reverse right above the wheels).

Condition appears to be mint. Will let others comment on whether it is refinished but I don't think so. Correct round wire catch and hinge.

Edit: I just looked it up in my reference books. Might be a rare small block hinge. (Phillip De Bock's "The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II" Page 117). De Bock classifies this as a type 1.3.2 (regardless of the hinge set up). He notes that this small block hinge is common, it is very rare to see on Assmann produced PAB's.

Will let others confirm if this is a small block or normal sized.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm a little rusty on my PAB's having not purchased one in a number of years but this looks like a good zinc Assmann (see the maker mark on reverse right above the wheels).

Condition appears to be mint. Will let others comment on whether it is refinished but I don't think so. Correct round wire catch and hinge.

Edit: I just looked it up in my reference books. Might be a rare small block hinge. (Phillip De Bock's "The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War II" Page 117). De Bock classifies this as a type 1.3.2 (regardless of the hinge set up). He notes that this small block hinge is common, it is very rare to see on Assmann produced PAB's.

Will let others confirm if this is a small block or normal sized.
    Thank you for your time and response. Appreciate it if any one can confirm be good

Michael is mostly correct.
    It is an original Assmann PAB. I am pretty sure that it is a wrap around sheet metal hinge, (more photos would confirm this).
    The finish appears to be original, and these are not often found in this condition.
    Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Michael is mostly correct.
    It is an original Assmann PAB. I am pretty sure that it is a wrap around sheet metal hinge, (more photos would confirm this).
    The finish appears to be original, and these are not often found in this condition.
    Here is my example to compare.
    Ralph.
    You are probably right and it could be an optical illusion, I see no evidence of a "block" under the round barrel but the angle isn't the best.

But I brought it up as the width of the hinge appears slightly narrower than the typical sheet metal hinge. Below is my poor attempt are lining up the two hinges. (still getting the hang of the GIMP photo editor)

My cupal Assmann is in yellow and the OP's is in blue.

It's a large file so click to expand

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    You are probably right and it could be an optical illusion, I see no evidence of a "block" under the round barrel but the angle isn't the best.

But I brought it up as the width of the hinge appears slightly narrower than the typical sheet metal hinge. Below is my poor attempt are lining up the two hinges. (still getting the hang of the GIMP photo editor)

My cupal Assmann is in yellow and the OP's is in blue.

It's a large file so click to expand
    You could be right Michael, as I said, better photos would confirm this.
    I judged my answer on the fact that both sides of the hinge are not in line with each other. I don't have the editor to perform this task but, if you save this photo, and draw a straight line across the top of the hinge, I believe you will see that one side has taken a hit or something to ever so slightly, change the angle.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Probably is a sheet metal. Off to bed now so let's wait for photos of the side of the hinge. That will tell all

Plus it took me forever just to figure out how to do that one image overlay...lol

MAP
    ?

This might answer the question Ralph...but photo resolution and shadows are deceiving.

Quote by MAP View Post
    This might answer the question Ralph...but photo resolution and shadows are deceiving.
    Could be Michael, we'll have to wait and see I guess.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Are we ever going to hear back from the OP and get a better photo?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast