Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle

Article about: I purchased this badge that looked good to me but after reviewing the badge through the forum I have doubts. The hinge is rounded ball rather than a flat top. Is that enough to say my badge

MAP
    ?

Boy...Hmmm. I will defer to others on these. To my mid level expertise the obverse looks good. They are both from what I can see a 3.3.3 type (third design) but it is my understanding that these should all have round ball hinges...so not sure about the bronze. As far as the silver, I would give it a tentative thumbs up but I would want to hear from others that know more than me. Maybe I'm missing something.

A recent example (but a 3.3.2 variant)

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle
    P
    Many

I cannot tell the difference between my silber badge and the one on e-stand that you say could be ok. Due to my inexperience maybe I don't see the obvious. Any additional comments on the difference between the one I bought with round ball hinge and wider clasp and the one I posted from e-stand would be much appreciated. I contacted my seller and he will return my money but he is having hard time believing it is fake since he has "had it for years" etc (i'm not sure the age of these fakes).
    Thank you again
    Joe

MAP
    ?

Best wait for others with more experience. Maybe Ralph, Ryuuk or others will be around shortly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by josephc View Post
    I cannot tell the difference between my silber badge and the one on e-stand that you say could be ok. Due to my inexperience maybe I don't see the obvious. Any additional comments on the difference between the one I bought with round ball hinge and wider clasp and the one I posted from e-stand would be much appreciated. I contacted my seller and he will return my money but he is having hard time believing it is fake since he has "had it for years" etc (i'm not sure the age of these fakes).
    Thank you again
    Joe
    Fakes go back to the end of the war.
    If I am not mistaken, the flat top used to be thought a fake. I believe some original variants have been found to have a flat top hinge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Fakes go back to the end of the war.
    If I am not mistaken, the flat top used to be thought a fake. I believe some original variants have been found to have a flat top hinge.
    Ralph.
    Thank you but can you comment on the silber one that is for sale and how it compares to the one I originally posted that I had purchased?
    Is the silber one for sale an original even though it has a ball hinge without flat areas? I am returning mine to seller for refund and now if I say its because of the ball hinge that may not be enough since there now is another example of Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle with a round ball hinge....

here is another with round ball hinge but threads says zinc type 3. I guess different than mine. So I can tell my seller that though AS used round hinge they did not on the type and material of the one he sold me. Is that correct?

AS in Triangle PanzerKampfAbzeichen

If badge that has started this thread really is a fake, then that is one a hell of a fake badge, because it is looking so good and very convincing.
    Best regards,
    Franko

I don't believe there is any concern about the round top ball hinge like the one you posted.
    You need to compare the details like the grass area beneath the tank and the hinge and size of the flat material used to make the catch.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't believe there is any concern about the round top ball hinge like the one you posted.
    You need to compare the details like the grass area beneath the tank and the hinge and size of the flat material used to make the catch.
    Ralph.
    I have tried to get a better pic of the catch and the grass. I measured the catch and it is approx 2.47mm wide at top. I also verified that it is not magnetic. I don't know if these additional descriptions change the determination made.

thank you very much for your time and patience.
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, AS in Triangle  

Here is my bronze example with a flat top ball hinge to compare.
    I am pretty confident in it's authenticity.
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2