Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help Please

Article about: I have the opportunity to add to the collection but I have having a hard time deciding if original as compared to other examples. Maybe the loss of finish is throwing me off, but not . Not i

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help Please

I have the opportunity to add to the collection but I have having a hard time deciding if original as compared to other examples. Maybe the loss of finish is throwing me off, but not . Not in the greatest condition either. No maker marks that I can find. Any help is appreciated. The guy is asking $175 which I thought was also a bit too high as well.
    John

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help PleasePanzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help PleasePanzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help PleasePanzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help PleasePanzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver Help Please
    P
    Many

It’s a genuine Schickle design PAB with a variant rectangular hinge, I think the IAB’s also use it. This type is the thin end quality wise, war restrictions decided that, but as the price goes it’s what a dealer would normally ask. Collector to collector would be around $140-150 for an undamaged example like this.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you big ned, much appreciated.
    John

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    It’s a genuine Schickle design PAB with a variant rectangular hinge, I think the IAB’s also use it. This type is the thin end quality wise, war restrictions decided that, but as the price goes it’s what a dealer would normally ask. Collector to collector would be around $140-150 for an undamaged example like this.

Regards, Ned.
    Dang, you beat me to it Big Man...Of course I had to scoure thru books to ID it!

Great insightful info as always.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)