Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tombak Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze maker???

Article about: Hi guys. I've just picked up this bronze tombak to go with my silver but the detail has me puzzled, is this a Wurster variation? It come from a very good dealer in the U.S that I've never ha

?

Thanks Ralph. That's a yes to a B.H Mayer. It's hard to say what that other badge was suppose to be replicating, the more I look at it the pictures of it the more faults I'm seeing with it. The Wurster links will come in handy if down the path I do decide to track one down.

Yes to The Ruptured duck Toot.

I've decided based on receiving a certificate of authenticity for a badge with so many faults and being out of pocket on return postage that my years of dealings with The Ruptured duck have now ended.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tombak Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze maker???
    P
    Many

Quote by Rob L View Post
    I've decided based on receiving a certificate of authenticity for a badge with so many faults and being out of pocket on return postage that my years of dealings with The Ruptured duck have now ended.
    I have purchased awards that have come with a COA and to be honest, I really don't care if they send the COA with it or not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I absolutely agree with you Ralph, in this case though I honestly get the impression a certificate was signed without even inspecting the badge first. Never mind I now have an early first pattern die bronze Wurster on it's way so I'm happy to get them together with the parts collection. :-)

The pin extends passed the edge, is that also a concern?

Quote by Vegasknight View Post
    The pin extends passed the edge, is that also a concern?
    It depends on the maker.
    Since the other attributes do not match an original, it is really not an issue.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Since coming on here I decided to spend the money on these books, even though they are long out of print they can still be tracked down brand new (if you look hard enough). For the price of a good badge all I can say is if anyone is new to this hobby I highly recommend adding these to your collection to save some embarrassment, they're worth it. My latest is a bronze Karl Wurster, Silver Otto Schickle and of course my B.h.Mayer I've had a while. Once again thank you for the help in this thread, you guys are awesome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tombak Panzerkampfabzeichen in Bronze maker???  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2