Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked

Article about: Guys i picked up a trunk full of ww2 u.s gear and uniforms, in the pocket of a jacket was an unmarked zinc panzerkampfabzeichen, very little remnants of silver. Looking for help with maker i

Default Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked

Guys i picked up a trunk full of ww2 u.s gear and uniforms, in the pocket of a jacket was an unmarked zinc panzerkampfabzeichen, very little remnants of silver. Looking for help with maker identification. Any thoughts guys?

Trying to fix the sideways pictures now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked   Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked  

Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked   Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked
    P
    Many

I think it's an S&H (Schauerte & Höfeld) badge, also known as the "Daisy". I think the one I have is a slightly different variant as there are subtle differences, but still the same maker.

Here is what it would look like if it were shiny...

?

were they the only Co. to put the DAISY mark on the PKA BADGE? and what is the significance of it?

Yours looks great. I was leaning towards a daisy variant as well but wanted more information. The finish on mine is toast but its still a neat piece. Thank you for your help here

Hi Chuck, here's mine !
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked   Unmarked panzerkampfabzeichen - unmarked  

Paul thats a darn nice panzerkampfabzeichen. Pretty slick i must say

As far as I know (which is quite a short distance when it comes to the PAB), S&H are the only company to add the daisy. For a long time it was thought that Deumer was the manufacturer but the boffins that study these things have concluded that they were not.

From reading the new updated PAB book by Philippe de Bock, it seems each company would on occasion make small changes to their dies, possibly to make them unique. Apparently there are 3 or 4 main designs of badge and each mother die was then used/modified by the known companies who produced PAB.

Cheers

Jamie

?

jamie7d7, thanking you for the reply to my question. now I know the rest of the story. toot.

Deumer also put daisies in a very similar location.
    Four different hollow Deumers.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Guys Thank you all so much for the replies pictures and information. I wasn't even expecting this badge but found it in a lot buy of field gear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast