Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?

Article about: Hello, my problem is that I have been on a few diffrent sites and it is always 50/50. Some say the badge is a cast fake while others claim that it is an original. I hope that i can get clari

Quote by raz View Post
    Hello John , has anyone told you the maker ? IMO it looks like unknown maker # 8 - 1.25.1 in Franks book with the rounded chest feathers and tilted head ( I could be wrong ) . It looks soft ( not crisp ) around the eagles leg bands and the swaz . Here is a picture to compare that area from the book . Please wait for more input . click to inlarge

Attachment 1696665
    Hello,
    I was able to get the assault badge book in german so I was able to compare my badge with the one in the book.
    It more or less perfectly matches with mine, with the pin and catch system.
    The one thing that throws me off is that the finish (to me) looks like a CuPal from unknown maker 7, could that be the case? Or is it a silver finish?
    Since uknown maker 7 and 8 are thought to be the same maker it could be a possiblity?

Any thoughts on this are appreciated,
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - fake or real?
    P
    Many

raz
    ?

Have you tried weighing it ? Cupal is 15.7gr and zink is 31.5gr.

I did and came across my biggest issue.
    It perfectly matches the height and width but it weighs 25g, exactly between them.
    Is it made from a different material like tombak since a more yellowish than red colour (which makes me think its tombak and not copper) shines through?
    I also noticed a small flaw on the upper right side of the badge, between the oak leaves the small dots stop on one side but otherwise it looks good.
    Last edited by Idkanything; 01-14-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2