Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?

Article about: Can anybody tell me that this Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge is a good or bad one? If its a good one does anybody known the maker of it. Regards, Marcel

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Yes Ralph, in hindsight you're almost correct. I wonder if anyone knows which awards did have their hardware added after? Stewy
    I think most were added before the finish otherwise we would not be using the color of the hardware to determine if an award was a bronze or silver most of the time.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?
    P
    Many

Lets see if anyone can come up with a maker. I can. Stewy

Hello guy's I want to thank you all for the Great responses.

It seems for some people hard to judge about the flaw there for I post new foto's at the flaw sides at a other angel.
    So please zoom in pictures and let us know what you think about it.
    Does anybody know what type reference number this Juncker medal has?

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?

Regards,
    Marcel

Hi Marcel,

The standard reference number for this solid zinc Juncker is 1.23.3. Looking at the new pics I'm still going with poorly fitting die/mould due probably to what Stewy mentions, an inclusion or similar, due to an uncleaned tool.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Marcel,

The standard reference number for this solid zinc Juncker is 1.23.3. Looking at the new pics I'm still going with poorly fitting die/mould due probably to what Stewy mentions, an inclusion or similar, due to an uncleaned tool.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi ned,

Thanks for the reference number out which book you got it.

Regards,
    Marcel

It's out of Frank Heukemes' book about the General Assault Badge, long out of print but can still be found if your patient and prepared to pay a premium. It's on page 262 labelled as '1.23.3 Unknown maker #6' Failing that you can pay to be a Premium member on the GCA forum and get access to all combat awards both genuine and fake.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's out of Frank Heukemes' book about the General Assault Badge, long out of print but can still be found if your patient and prepared to pay a premium. It's on page 262 labelled as '1.23.3 Unknown maker #6' Failing that you can pay to be a Premium member on the GCA forum and get access to all combat awards both genuine and fake.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi ned,

Thanks again for the extra information.

Regards,
    Marcel

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Lets see if anyone can come up with a maker. I can. Stewy
    The 4 rivet design by an unknown maker, although some badges have the hardware coated with the same finish as the badge, so perhaps not always the case when in production?

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen/General Assault Badge fake or not?

Regards, Ned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3