Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze

Article about: This one was offered to me locally, looks like a zinc Construction to me with a bronze finish. Is this a post-war badge?

Default Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze

This one was offered to me locally, looks like a zinc Construction to me with a bronze finish. Is this a post-war badge?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze   Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze
    P
    Many

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    This one was offered to me locally, looks like a zinc Construction to me with a bronze finish. Is this a post-war badge?

This looks like a 1.14.2 variant with rectangular hinge on oval area for hinge plate. I guess these had not been produced in bronze and its the tarnish and degradation or finish making it appear darker.

As far as I know, Allgemeines sturmabzeichen were never issued in bronze.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thats what i had been reading here

Gentlemen, may we talk about the plating or finishing for these rs badges..?
    This badge seems to have a metal copper coating under what's left of the silver finish. Both silver and copper underneath has been pushed off of the zinc base metal. Just curious if others may know about the plating process for this manufacturer ?

I did find one similar in much better condition having most of its silver wash remaining. Being worn away in spots exposing a copper metal plating underneath

Here is the badge i have and one i found online being i. Much better condition than mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze  Allgemeines sturmabzeichen - RS bronze 

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    This badge seems to have a metal copper coating under what's left of the silver finish. Both silver and copper underneath has been pushed off of the zinc base metal. Just curious if others may know about the plating process for this manufacturer ?
    Even though some makers gave them a copper coating before the finish, they were never awarded in that grade.
    It was only to assist the silver, or frosting, to adhere.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph i had been discussing this with another collector,
    Interesting process. High quality , too bad it wasn't in the best of shape but still a neat one.
    Thanks