Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Where to get it Authenticated

Article about: Hi all, Several years ago on this forum I shared some photos of a Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" that I had come into possession of via a passed family member. Original Thread her

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Where to get it Authenticated

Hi all,

Several years ago on this forum I shared some photos of a Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" that I had come into possession of via a passed family member.

Original Thread here : Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" Genuine?

We (and by that I mean the incredible community on here) came to the cautiously optimistic view that it was genuine. I have reached the stage where I'd potentially be looking to part with this badge. I'm just enquiring if anyone knows where to take this to get it officially verified or even if such a place exists. I've some some cursory enquiries but so far been quite underwhelmed with the quality of the replies.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edit: I realise I forgot to state that I'm based in the UK

Nattster
    Last edited by Nattster; 05-01-2024 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Missed Information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Where to get it Authenticated
    P
    Many

You can inquire at most of the big dealers about a COA, (Certificate Of Authenticity), but most collectors feel that they are not worth the paper they are written on.
    The best authentication is that of Militaria forums like this one.
    Also, be aware that if you sell it to a dealer, you will likely only get 40-50% of it's value.
    I suggest you try to find other examples for sale, and base your price on that.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree with Ralph. COAs are good but only for the person buying, maybe for insurance purposes. They mean nothing privately when you buy an item for £500 and then the seller sends the COA that comes with the award and you see they only paid £250.
    Getting a thread where it has been authenticated is as good as it gets to be honest, you can always link a potential buyer to it and they can read the discussion.
    As Ralph says, dealers will offer a low price because they need to turn a profit, mostly a very healthy profit.
    Your best bet would be to offer it for sale privately but not at dealer prices.
    You will get more money than you would from a dealer and the buyer gets to pay less than he or she would to a dealer.
    Or try your luck at an auction house and see how you get on. Adrian Stevenson is very well respected and works for Bamfords, you can see his posts here as he always gives a heads up on items at his next sale.
    Maybe ask his advice?

I have to say, that is a superb badge. Way out of my league unfortunately. You should do well with it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....