Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

Article about: Hi guys, what is yuor thouts about this one? Best regards, Franko

MAP
    ?

Agree. I would love a comparison to the obverse
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Like I said earlier. Besides to reverse cut outs, to me there are differences on the obverse.

1) The inner border of the wreath appears to be wider on the OP's (see yellow lines) vs the 1.25 example. It might just be the angle of the photo so not definative. There is the same difference in perceived thickness on the 1.24 as well.

2) Then there is the lack of the clear line on Franjo's vs the identified real 1.25. (see blue box). That said, the 1.24 version lacks this line.

So closer to the 1.24??

Finally, the catch opens on the left of the Franjo's. Similar versions like this can be found on the 1.24. But still the reverse cut outs are different...

Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake! Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here are some additional photos.Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!

Thanks for the additional pictures Franko.

Map I think you have it

I think you Franko has an original 1.24.3 Unknown maker badge.
    The left hand opening catch is one of the features of this maker and I think the variation in cut outs is just due to wear.

It is just too good to be a cast IMO

Cheers
    Doug

MAP
    ?

Quote by Saladin View Post
    Thanks for the additional pictures Franko.

Map I think you have it

I think you Franko has an original 1.24.3 Unknown maker badge.
    The left hand opening catch is one of the features of this maker and I think the variation in cut outs is just due to wear.

It is just too good to be a cast IMO

Cheers
    Doug
    Yes. I would tend to agree. The cut out still bugs me a bit. I don't think it is due to wear of the award but maybe the die??

Quote by Saladin View Post
    .....What I see is that none have got a similar cut out profile to Franco
    SALADIN.....I too was interested in Helmut #3 and Helmut #4 as to the eye the reverse seemed to match Franjo. I made approximate similar size paper print-outs of all three.

I was quite surprised that #3 and #4 superimposed quite well, but Franco makes a different cut out profile. It is of interest to me that the edges of individual features on Franjo's are crisper with less flash.

AFTERTHOUGHT....after having made better paper print-outs I found that #3 and Franjo made a reasonable match.

?

Hello to all,

i agree with you guys, this is an original 1.24 gab on Frank book, or "Cupal Gab".

Here mine solid Cupal and solid zinc variant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!   Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!  

Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!   Allgemeinessturmabzeichen original or fake!  

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the excellent photos Nicola!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2