Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

AllgemeinesSturmabzeichen Original? Which maker?

Article about: On any examples of a GB that I can find, the eagle's shoulders overlap the inside edge of the wreath. On the one originally posted in this thread, they barely touch the inside edge of the wr

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Maybe if you research C.E. Juncker GABs, you may find some positive results.
    Ralph.
    So...how long did you have this inkling??

As Franks book does not list a Juncker. I looked at the unknowns...and there is a match on the obverse as Unknown maker #6. That said I can not see a rear hinge match...unless it is a 1.23.3 variant but the photos in the book are not clear enough (for me at least) to show the footings on the hinge.

So Gerry...there you go. All's well that ends well.

Edit: And a great learning experience for me. Would like to thank you for letting us go down this journey...and all it's twists and turns.
    Last edited by MAP; 09-02-2017 at 03:14 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AllgemeinesSturmabzeichen Original? Which maker?
    P
    Many

?

Great news and thanks a lot for the info, i don´t want to be the pain in your neck, but would you be so kind and provide those pics ? So i get an idea? Thanks Gerry

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gerry View Post
    Great news and thanks a lot for the info, i don´t want to be the pain in your neck, but would you be so kind and provide those pics ? So i get an idea? Thanks Gerry
    I would be happy to Gerry but the book has a copyright. Seriously I'm not trying to be a pain but besides it being illegal, these authors don't make much $ from their hard work so I'm not a fan of copying their work.

Plus even if I copy it, you won't see much. The photos are 2 inches (6cm) square..and the relevant part is even smaller (and already blurry).

I think the photos you have in post 20 are all you need and much better than the book

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Excellent catch Ralph! I'm glad it was conclusive and positive for you Gerry! Alot of times it goes the other way. A really enjoyable thread! Best regards.

Brian

?

Thanks to everyone!! Update on the unknown #6 i found here in this forum and also on the www. the info that 1.23.3 #6 was indentified as a Juncker piece...

Quote by MAP View Post
    So...how long did you have this inkling??
    It just kind of came to me,....... after doing some searching.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It just kind of came to me,....... after doing some searching.
    Ralph.
    awesome! Lucky for us you solved it. I will say, the hardware photos in the book were piss poor. But I didn't have the time to compare the obverse to every example in the book. Should have however in hindsight. Just so fixated on it being a "GB" that we were looking at the tree instead of the forest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3