Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review

Article about: Hi to everybody, I bought this Sturmabzeichen recently from another collector in Germany and he was quite sure that this would be an original. But I can return it within 14 days if it should

Default Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review

Hi to everybody,

I bought this Sturmabzeichen recently from another collector in Germany and he was quite sure that this would be an original. But I can return it within 14 days if it should prove to be a fake. I compared it with many pictures I found in this forum and on the internet but still can´t tell if it´s authentic or fake. What I´m courious abut is that the hook shows in the wrong direction, but maybe it was just incorrectly rapaired once ? The badge itself is non-magnetic, but the needle is magnetic. Also the strange "circle" in the middle of the backside (milling track ?) is something I didn´t spot on other badges. I hope the picture quality is sufficient, I combined my IPhone with a common magnyfinig glas as I dont have a macro lens yet...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review   Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review  

Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review   Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review
    P
    Many

I believe these are fairly recently attributed to Bierdermann & Co.
    I can't vouch for the catch, but there is more than one variant.
    Wait for other opinions, not really my field of research.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dear Ralp, thanks for your thoughts and ideas, this already helped a lot. I compared my ASA to other Biedermann ASA pictures I could find in the web and it really looks 100% identical. Also the circle on the backside and the hook in the wrong direction seems to be ok for this version. I found a nearly similar peace here:
    ALLGEMEINES STURMABZEICHEN - BIEDERMANN VARIANTE - NACHSCHUBLAGER MILITARIA

So, I assume this is a good sign and it seems to be an original ?

?

It's a good match to the one in the link and others. Nice find.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The reverse reminded me of this piece in my Fake Box...I figured it's either a Fake or a Flawed Reject...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review   Allgmeines Sturmzeichen Review  

Dear Glenn, thanks for the pictures of your probable fake ASA. On the frontside it really looks close but there are some very small differences I could recognize, especially the claws and the form and size of the acorns look different. Also the milled circle on the backside look very different. So I still hope I bought an original, but quite not 100% sure yet.

raz
    ?

In Franks book this badge ( unknown maker #10 ) has the matching reverse with the swirls and catch . The obverse has a couple defects ( above eye and grenade ) but matches most traits . Hope pic's help .

Allgmeines Sturmzeichen ReviewAllgmeines Sturmzeichen ReviewAllgmeines Sturmzeichen ReviewAllgmeines Sturmzeichen ReviewAllgmeines Sturmzeichen Review

Thanks a lot Raz, so I think this is the final proof that I bought an original. I compared the picture from the book and it´s definitively this version. Thanks a lot to everybody !!!