Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform

Article about: I found this in a youtube video. Never seen a broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on a soldiers uniform.

The comes from the book "Island of Fire" and mentions the story on Winkler and his broken ISA.

"It can be seen that half of Winkler's ISA has been broken off. One might think this happened in battle but in most cases, this damage was done intentionally. A man wearing a broken badge could be recognized as someone who fought out of a sense of duty but was still combat-ready, thus a 'genuine, trustworthy guy', despite his opinion that the war was lost. Because the troops were not allowed to openly express this, they were able to make their feelings known in this way".

This is conjecture in my opinion and would be very difficult to prove.

Best Regards, fischer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform
    P
    Many

A few more photo's I have saved in my files.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform   Broken Infanterie Sturmabzeichen on soldiers uniform  

Fascinating thread !
    Regards
    Paul

?

why is it that they, IAB'S are the only ones that seem to be broken? just courious? and the two new ones posted are great.

?

in # 22, the SOLDAT on the left is still wearing slipon's on his shoulder boards, with unit #, numbers. so this, breaking of the badge would have been broken early in the war?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3