Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?

Article about: Hello, i found this IAB online. Not one i've seen before. It's advertised as a "hollow rifle" variant. Can this badge be traced to any maker or is it just an unknown maker variant?

You need to start looking at the badge as a whole, look at the set up used. Compare this setup to the later war Meybauer PAB and you’ll notice they are an exact match.

Jordan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?   "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?
    P
    Many

You cannot base maker attribution using the hardware set up.
    This same barrel hinge, round catch plate and flat stock catch can also be found on Wiedmann ISA variants.

For me, this one is referred to as the Vienna Design - Hollow Rifle ISA and the manufacturer is still unknown.

Here is one I have.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?   "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?  

You definitely can especially when we know of another set up with this IAB and comparing it to another Meybauer PAB it’s an exact match, no doubt in my mind is this made by Meybauer. "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?"Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?"Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen?

A great thread that should be read by everyone: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Jordan

I've read that thread and do not consider hardware as iron clad attribution...especially with firms like the one below that were in business to supply makers with hardware set ups.
    Attached Images Attached Images "Hollow rifle" Infanterie Sturmabzeichen? 

But we aren’t talking about one coincidence, the GABs and PABs both match, the same hardware is used on Meybauer badges and not just one set up. Vienna design is so broad, the set ups are the closest thing to a makers mark you are going to get.

Jordan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2