Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen im Silber Questions

Article about: Hey everyone. Last September a friend of mine ran across some Third Reich items at a pawn shop and since sold some to me. Some of the items were obvious fakes but some of them were definitel

Default Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen im Silber Questions

Hey everyone.
    Last September a friend of mine ran across some Third Reich items at a pawn shop and since sold some to me. Some of the items were obvious fakes but some of them were definitely real. I believe the following item posted to be authentic but I don't really collect these badges so I'm by no means an expert and any opinions as to the authenticity would be greatly appreciated.

The item in question is this Infantry Assault Badge in Silver which a couple people (see Wehrmacht-Awards topic) have attributed to C.E. Juncker but on page 192 of Sascha Weber's book (I could be looking at the wrong one) he lists the maker of this badge (and many other badges resembling it) as Unknown.

My questions are - 1. Is this indeed authentic? And 2. What is the evidence for and against this item being attributed to C.E. Juncker? And can we know for sure?

Thanks
    Zealous255

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturm Abzeichen im Silber Questions
    P
    Many

It appears to be a good nickle silver Juncker to me.
    You can compare the details to my example here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, CE Juncker, Unmarked Nickel Silver.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

1. Yes, this ISA is an original attributed Juncker NS variant.

2. Attribution to Juncker came about using the forensic method - comparing hardware set-up characteristics to marked L/12 (LDO number for C.E. Juncker) wound badges along with some Juncker Luftwaffe variants.

Best Regards, fischer

I might also add that although Sasha Weber's book is a good resource, it can become out dated.
    New things are learned about this stuff every day.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the information guys! I definitely appreciate it.

I might also add that although Sasha Weber's book is a good resource, it can become out dated.
    New things are learned about this stuff every day.
    That's a good point. I happened to check and the edition that I have was published in 2008! Definitely enough time for a lot of new discoveries to be made!