Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?

Article about: Hello, I believe this to be an original Deschler and Sohn example. Any help in the proper authentication would be greatly appreciated, as I have gotten 3 yes and 1 no for authenticity. (I pa

?

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?

Hello, I believe this to be an original Deschler and Sohn example. Any help in the proper authentication would be greatly appreciated, as I have gotten 3 yes and 1 no for authenticity. (I paid 150 btw), this was my first badge and I made sure that the seller accepted refunds, if that helps.Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?
    P
    Many

Congrats on your first of many!
    I consider this example to be made by Alois Rettenmaier.
    You can compare it to my example here.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Alois Rettenmaier, Unmarked.
    A lot of good information in that thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you very much, great to learn about some history behind this piece. I was only overly concerned due to the ridge going around the eagle that makes it look like two pieces put together, but I have been told that many of these makers did this to their badges.

Quote by Nate View Post
    but I have been told that many of these makers did this to their badges.
    It's not really that they "did this", it is part of the stamping process.
    First the billet is stamped into a mold, or form, then, it is stamped again to create the cutouts and remove the excess around the perimeter.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree with Ralph. The reverse hardware is consistent with badges from Rettenmaier. The left facing catch is typical too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Can only agree with Ralph's analysis...a nice A. Rettenmaier. Multiple hardware set-ups were used by this maker and different hinge base and catch/catch plate designs are found in use.

Here is one I have with a round catch plate.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen - Deschler & Sohn Authentication?