Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Deumer Daisy 1 or 2 or just another fake?

Article about: As I continue to go through my collection to verify authenticity of items, I am looking at this IAB that I have pictured. The IAB is finely detailed, however, the birds head looks somewhat c

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Deumer Daisy 1 or 2 or just another fake?

As I continue to go through my collection to verify authenticity of items, I am looking at this IAB that I have pictured. The IAB is finely detailed, however, the birds head looks somewhat comical, and a little too angry. The way the birds angry frown comes down his neck, is something I have only seen on the Deumer Daisy types. The only IAB that I have seen with that Angry mouth is the Deumer Daisy type, but there seem to be some slight differences, in the base plate of the hinge, and tiny differences in vein shape, etc. Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Deumer Daisy 1 or 2 or just another fake?Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Deumer Daisy 1 or 2 or just another fake?

It could of course be something completely different. Any help, is as always appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Deumer Daisy 1 or 2 or just another fake?
    P
    Many

This appears to be Schauerte & Hohfeld silver IAB.
    Your example appears to be a 2nd pattern silver buntmetal, with most of the silver finish on the obverse worn away.
    The lighting affects the photo and gives it a bronze appearance.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Not one I recognize myself. Interested to hear others opinions. But agree, not a Deumer

Base metal appears to be a nice buntmetal with a high bronze content from the wear or so it appears.

Edit: Well took too long to hit "send" and Ralph answered the question.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is my zinc example to compare.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Wow, thanks for the great information, very helpful.