Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked

Article about: A new addition to my IAB collection. The silver finish has been pretty well absorbed into the metal. The condition, detail and the maker's mark is what prompted me to aquire this one. Ralph.

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked

A new addition to my IAB collection.
    The silver finish has been pretty well absorbed into the metal. The condition, detail and the maker's mark is what prompted me to aquire this one.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Frank und Reif, Marked

Great looking badge Ralph.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Ralph

These maker marked F(R)ANK AND REIF Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's are a puzzlement and I wonder how the typo passed through QC. The F&R Panzer and General Assault Badges, the name "FRANK" is spelled correctly. How many of these do you think were considered fakes over the years due to the missing "R" in the maker mark?

I consider the F&R marked examples a late war variant that are commonly found in this condition. The wash type finish faded with time yet the details, as you state are sharp and crisp with the overall condition (except for the finish) appear to be unworn. The example I have looks identical to yours.

The hinge is a sheet metal type with yours having an oval shaped base. These are also found with a rectangular shaped base.
    The raised hinge guide lines are still part of the reverse (***probably left over from the unmarked examples) but as we see here, the hinge base was not trimmed to fit inside the guide lines and simply soldered on top of them. The catch plate is an oblong shape with a "C" style catch soldered to it. The reverse itself is a semi-hollow type; probably a design feature intended to save on material.

Congrats on another fine addition to your collection...

Best Regards, fischer

*** I consider the unmarked solid the earlier made F&R example due to the higher overall quality, an electroplate type finish along with the hardware fitting inside the raised guide lines for the hinge and catch.

?

Great badge and great photos again Ralph.

Thank you Fischer for providing yet more interest and information on these badges.

I wonder how many would spot the spelling mistake and how many of these have been discarded over the years as fake because of the missing letter. After all, how could something like this elude the manufacturers?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great looking badge Ralph.........!
    Thanks Steve!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Great badge and great photos again Ralph.

Thank you Fischer for providing yet more interest and information on these badges.

I wonder how many would spot the spelling mistake and how many of these have been discarded over the years as fake because of the missing letter. After all, how could something like this elude the manufacturers?
    Thank you also Adrian!
    I am sure that more than one has been discarded due to this spelling error.
    Ralph.

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

These maker marked F(R)ANK AND REIF Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's are a puzzlement and I wonder how the typo passed through QC. The F&R Panzer and General Assault Badges, the name "FRANK" is spelled correctly. How many of these do you think were considered fakes over the years due to the missing "R" in the maker mark?

I consider the F&R marked examples a late war variant that are commonly found in this condition. The wash type finish faded with time yet the details, as you state are sharp and crisp with the overall condition (except for the finish) appear to be unworn. The example I have looks identical to yours.

The hinge is a sheet metal type with yours having an oval shaped base. These are also found with a rectangular shaped base.
    The raised hinge guide lines are still part of the reverse (***probably left over from the unmarked examples) but as we see here, the hinge base was not trimmed to fit inside the guide lines and simply soldered on top of them. The catch plate is an oblong shape with a "C" style catch soldered to it. The reverse itself is a semi-hollow type; probably a design feature intended to save on material.

Congrats on another fine addition to your collection...

Best Regards, fischer

*** I consider the unmarked solid the earlier made F&R example due to the higher overall quality, an electroplate type finish along with the hardware fitting inside the raised guide lines for the hinge and catch.
    Thanks fischer!
    I consider them late manufacture due to a few reasons.
    The spelling error left the way it is, because of labour and time to make a new mold. The semi-scooped reverse to save material and the finish disappearing without any wear. Also, the amount of work required to trim the catch to fit.
    Obviously all that you have stated.
    Ralph.

?

Ralph an interesting badge you have there I never knew about the spelling...learn something new everyday..Also a nice looking badge...Thanks for showing Terry.

Thanks Terry!
    One more to scratch off the list.
    Ralph..