MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL

Article about: I've been getting rid of my collection, and I recently licked up this IAB by GWL and another from a collector friend. I have a weakness for this badge and maker

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL

I've been getting rid of my collection, and I recently licked up this IAB by GWL and another from a collector friend. I have a weakness for this badge and maker
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen Silber GWL
    P
    Many

It's very cool. I also like it very much

Santi

Quote by humble collector View Post
    I've been getting rid of my collection, and I recently licked up this IAB by GWL and another from a collector friend. I have a weakness for this badge and maker
    Nice example, my first ever Infanterie Sturmabzechen was a silver GWL like this one

However, I am sorry but I don't understand your comment. Are you getting rid of your collection or are you adding to it?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello Mark,

Yes I am getting rid of my collection I'm currently culling it to a 3rd of its size, and then I'll probably keep a few pieces . It's time to let go for I have no one to leave it to, and no familial interest. I pick up a piece here and there if it's something that really catches my eye.

Wow, sorry to hear that ...
    Santi

I actually appreciate it Santi , and I thank you

Hello Mark,

Yes I am getting rid of my collection I'm currently culling it to a 3rd of its size, and then I'll probably keep a few pieces . It's time to let go for I have no one to leave it to, and no familial interest. I pick up a piece here and there if it's something that really catches my eye.
    Ah, I understand now.

Well, I'm not done yet but although there is zero familial interest amongst my clan and therefore nobody to leave my junk to either, I have often concerned my self with valuation as I shall likely have to sell at some point or at least leave detailed advice on how to liquidate without recourse to some spiv in a newspaper ad!!

As you do dispose of stuff don't forget about the classified section here as I imagine you would get a better deal and also keep your items in the proper "arena" as it were.

Anyway, long may you continue in this fine "hobby" (I hate calling it a hobby, makes it sound like bubble gum cards and pressed flowers )

Best wishes on this our national (in UK and Commonwealth) rememberance day

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark

TWS
    ?

Hello Mark,

Sorry to hear that, but you are not alone. I know a couple other collectors in the same boat.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Humble Collector,

You are not alone in this journey. I too have decided to move about 90% of my US collection as I have too much and not enough time to enjoy it. Rather than it be a burden on my wife and son it is time to share with others. My son has already identified what he wants and that is already set aside but all the other stuff will be on the market so to speak.. It will take me a few years to get it to a more manageable collection and I am slowly starting to reach out to some folks who have had interest in the past with items and I am doing this draw down methodically,, first books, then uniforms and equipment and then cloth patches and insignia and then my medal collections.

My intent is to just focus on 2 specific areas primarily and 2 units primarily; the Berlin Brigade and the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team, 2 units I served with during my 22 year career. I hope to plus up on these areas with specific attention now to equipment used by the 187th in Korea during their 2 combat jumps. I have plenty of their IKE Jackets (about 20) and a few of the field uniforms but now I am actively searching for a few pieces of specific airborne equipment that was used during the jumps for a complete display. This will include their main and reserve parachutes as well as all personal equipment and gear they jumped with...

For the Berlin Brigade, I have my uniforms and several from immediately after WW2 and the occupation started so I am just concentrating on unique Berlin items, (Horse Platoon for the 287th MPs, Duty Train MP Brassards and other oddities only found in Berlin...

I will also maintain my TR collection and hopefully add to that but my focus right now is to get rid of things that have been in storage tubs for many years.

I also have to prepare myself for the inevitable task of moving my father's collection when he passes. He has several hundred uniforms and several hundred Riker Cases of unit crests and I can't begin to estimate how many patches and wartime photo albums and diaries he has.. So once I am done with my collection, it starts all over again with my fathers stuff..

I hope that your downsizing and culling goes well and that you are still able to pick up things that catch your eye..

We will always be collectors even if our focus shifts from time to time..

Best regards and stay safe..

Smitty