Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher

Article about: Here is another IAB in my collection. It is not a new one. I almost jumped on one for sale yesterday when I said to myself, I am sure that I have one of those already but could not find it i

Default Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher

Here is another IAB in my collection. It is not a new one. I almost jumped on one for sale yesterday when I said to myself, I am sure that I have one of those already but could not find it in my data base of photos.
    I went and looked through the ones that I have and, there it was. So, I did not take any photos of it when it arrived. Well, I took some yesterday and here they are.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher   Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher  

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher
    P
    Many

Default Re: Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher

Hi Ralph

A nice Hobacher with the one piece sheet metal hinge.

The WH examples along with Souval, Orth, Grossman and several of the unmarked variants like the Pillow Crimp, belong to the Vienna Design family of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's. By comparing the obverse details of these, one can see the semblance between these makers.

Hobacher also has a block hinge variant with raised guides line for positioning of the hinge. My opinion is the Sheet Metal hinge is the later of the two. Another item in the Hobacher clan is the very rare blue Infanterie Sturmabzeichen paper packet addressed on the reverse "W. Hobacher Wien 107".

This one is double nice for you Ralph...elation when you first purchased it and delight when you discovered it again...

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph
    A nice Hobacher with the one piece sheet metal hinge.

The WH examples along with Souval, Orth, Grossman and several of the unmarked variants like the Pillow Crimp, belong to the Vienna Design family of Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's. By comparing the obverse details of these, one can see the semblance between these makers.

Hobacher also has a block hinge variant with raised guides line for positioning of the hinge. My opinion is the Sheet Metal hinge is the later of the two. Another item in the Hobacher clan is the very rare blue Infanterie Sturmabzeichen paper packet addressed on the reverse "W. Hobacher Wien 107"
    This one is double nice for you Ralph...elation when you first purchased it and delight when you discovered it again...

Best Regards, fischer
    Thank you for your comments fischer!
    I am keeping my eyes open for a pillow crimp as I do not have one of those yet.
    Yes, it was nice to know that my memory is not as bad as my book keeping!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

what a stunner mate!!!

jay

?

Cracking looking piece with just the right amount of wear.

Fischer, is the other hardware set up the same as we see on the Minesweeper badge for example?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian

Here is my Block Hinge to compare. It has the raised guide that the WH Minesweeper has but that is where the similarity's end.

Best Regards, fischer

Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm HobacherInfanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, WH, Wilhelm Hobacher

?

Thank you.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    what a stunner mate!!!

jay
    Thank you Jay!
    Ralph.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Cracking looking piece with just the right amount of wear.

Fischer, is the other hardware set up the same as we see on the Minesweeper badge for example?
    Thank you as well Adrian.
    This is the condition that I prefer, worn but not abused.
    Ralph.