Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze

Article about: A nice tombak piece with no makers mark

Default Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze

A nice tombak piece with no makers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze   Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze  

Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze
    P
    Many

It's an unmarked Ernst L Mueller.
    Not sure that it is tombak though.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you Ralph. I wasn’t too sure on the maker it kinda has a S&L style eagle , but the furniture didn’t match up to that particular maker. The badge is definitely not zinc in construction, and thus, a fallback of tombak was my guess

?

It's a well preserved zinc badge in my opinion and going by the way the hinge and catch has been attached with the base plate.
    Typical semi hollow rifle and bayonet and the oval ring as a guide for the hinge attachment. I don't know how many variants there are of Müller badges but I know there's another with the maker's mark around the wreath incorporated in the die with a backwards S and Z in Ernst and Pforzheim respectively.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The preserved zinc may very well be the composition. I typically come across the zinc pieces that has lost the wash over time, or gets zinc ick. Thanks Adrian

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Excellent resource. I gravitated towards the IABs and EK2s over the years. Just a preference I suppose I especially liked the LW badges.

Hello,

As Ralph stated, this is an unmarked Ernst Müller, Pforzheim semi-hollow zinc bronze grade ISA.

In regards to the material, the Müller examples were produced mid/late war in zinc and the use of tombak as the base medium for all Sturmabzeichen had long past.
    That said, these unmarked bronze grade variants have a very nice finish and the thick golden coating does give the appearance of tombak.

Here is one I have to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze   Infanteriesturmabzeichen in Bronze  

Thank you Fischer. A lovely piece. I actually have a couple of others that are silver grade with the high luster finish. Muller did an excellent job on their works.