Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity

Article about: Hello! I just bought this Infantry Assault Badge a few days ago and I had hoped to get some insight from seasoned collectors regarding the authenticity of this badge. I had believed it was s

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity

Hello! I just bought this Infantry Assault Badge a few days ago and I had hoped to get some insight from seasoned collectors regarding the authenticity of this badge. I had believed it was simply worn and missing some of the silver finish, but someone else had mentioned that it appeared coarse and missing detail. Any information is highly appreciated.Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-17-2020 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The photos are not really clear enough. I would agree that the details are extremely weak, but can not tell if it is the photos or the award or wear or a combination of all three.

It does resemble, in some respects, what Weber describes as variant 2.09 (Unknown maker) of the S.H.u.Co design style. But as noted, the details are missing for me. The pillow crimps on the catch and hinge also seems a bit off. What does it weigh? It should be ~26 grams. It also looks quite thick, but maybe it is the shadows.

I will defer to others with more knowledge.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Warsquatch I moved your thread to the correct forum for awards.
    Moderator Ralph can further assist you.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've added the photo I posted on Reddit. Not sure if it's any better. I'm not sure about the weight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity  

I've added the photo I posted on Reddit. Not sure if it's any better. I'm not sure about the weight.Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity

Welcome to the forum!
    The maker of these is unknown at this time, it is referred to as a "pillow crimp".
    I am not aware of a fake of these that has accurately reproduced the pillow crimp mounting method. The tool mark on the top of the pin looks correct, as does the catch.
    Yours appears to have been stored poorly for some time.
    You can compare to my example posted in this thread.
    Infanterie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Unknown Maker, Pillow Crimp
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Excellent! I'm glad to hear that! Thank you very much!

Do you have a better photo of the reverse?
    Difficult to make out on the first set of pics.

Best Regards, fischer

Here you go! Not sure if these are any more helpful. My camera isn't the greatest.

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, AuthenticityInfantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity

Thank you for the additional photo's of the hardware set-up...It looks to be correct.

As Ralph stated, this one has been stored improperly causing the zinc to pit.

Here is a bronze example from my collection to compare.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Authenticity  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast