Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.

Article about: I was recently able to add an excellent example of this elusive variant. A nice example, with most of the silver finish remaining, a small font maker's mark, and a wide pin. You won't find o

Quote by fischer View Post
    Here is my silver grade Rudolf Souval Wide Pin with the style of catch that is usually found on the standard Souval hinge pin variants.

In regards to the finish on this one, Souval used this same low grade frosted white coating on his PKA Wide Pin examples as well.

Best Regards, fischer
    The finish on my wide pin PAB is different. It is the chrome type.
    Ralph.

This is the same finish on my round pin.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph

Yes, I've seen this chrome electroplate on both ISA and PKA Souval examples.
    In regards to finish types, hardware, etc. Souval seemed to use whatever was available was all over the map.

This is the PKA variant I was referring to.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.  

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

Yes, I've seen this chrome electroplate on both ISA and PKA Souval examples.
    In regards to finish types, hardware, etc. Souval seemed to use whatever was available was all over the map.

Best Regards, fischer
    I tend to agree.
    Here is my other Souval IAB with quite a subdued finish.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph

A few more Souval examples of different finish types. Here are a couple of Bronze grades.

The first is a Wide Pin Packet set with a wash that has faded.

The second is a plated type finish including it's LDO marked packet.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen in Silber, Rudolf Souval, Wide Pin.  

Next are some silver grade examples.

First is a Packet set found the 2009 hoarde find at the site of an LDO shop.
    All were in un-issued condition but suffered from being buried for 65 years.

Next is a Large Font Rudolf Souval.

The third is a oblong catch plate variant.

Best

Next is a chrome plated example.
    And finally a another type of low grade silver frosted type coating.

Best Regards, fischer

Forgot one...Here is another Large Font example I have in worn condition.

I've often wondered why the differences between the maker marks.
    Possibly some ISA's were produced by a contractor, replacement dies for a damaged set, etc. all speculation of course.

Best Regards, fischer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2