Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not

Article about: Hello, Souval Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Zinc made. Pin is steel (magnetic). The letters RS seems ok to me, same as eagle. BUT...the catch is peculiar in this badge...Or is it? Is it possibl

?

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not

Hello,

Souval Infanterie Sturmabzeichen. Zinc made. Pin is steel (magnetic). The letters RS seems ok to me, same as eagle. BUT...the catch is peculiar in this badge...Or is it? Is it possible, that the badge is real, but the pin and catch are post war soldered? I have Weber's The Infantry Assault Badges book, but no help with this. Any opinions are welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not  

Last edited by rbminis; 02-14-2024 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good and rare Souval wide pin variant. I don't know about the different variations of catches on these, I've seen more with round wire catches but I believe Ralph has an example with a different type. Hopefuly he and fischer will see the thread and give you better information.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I have edited the title of your thread.
    Please read the following thread regarding posting in this section of the forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.

This is an original wide pin Souval badge.
    The pin and catch match the example I own.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Many thanks Adrian and Ralph. I'm relieved, that my badge is genuine. Sorry 'bout pictures (why they turned?) and wrong terminology. I totally forgot the terminology rule. It's been too long time since I last posted in this forum.

I agree with Adrian and Ralph and your example is an original wartime produced Rudolf Souval, Wien with the wide pin hardware.

This variant can be found with the round wire catch and the thick flat stock catch.

Here are my two wide pin Souval examples with the different style catches in use.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Souval post war or not