Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher

Article about: Picked up a nice William Hobacher for \\$95 at an estate. Comments welcome.

Default Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher

Picked up a nice William Hobacher for $95 at an estate. Comments welcome.

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William HobacherInfantrie Sturmabzeichen, William HobacherInfantrie Sturmabzeichen, William HobacherInfantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-23-2021 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher
    P
    Many

IMO, it's an original bronze zinc example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    IMO, it's an original bronze zinc example.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph!

Hey Ralph, this is not a good one IMO, compare to an original Hobacher and you’ll see massive differences, the Hobacher IAB has the Vienna design from the front like the Souval etc.

Jordan

Quote by Jordan Wills View Post
    Hey Ralph, this is not a good one IMO, compare to an original Hobacher and you’ll see massive differences, the Hobacher IAB has the Vienna design from the front like the Souval etc.

Jordan
    You are correct Jordan.
    Thank you, I was busy re-titling threads, and responding to PM's, didn't really have a good look.
    One of mine to compare Andrew.
    Ralph.

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William HobacherInfantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

No problem mate, busy life is always a pain. That’s a beautiful example, nice when they still have plenty of finish.

Jordan

Agreed with the others...This one is a fake.

When looking at the obverse of this fake, it more closely resembles the M.K. 1-7 series ISA design than the original W. Hobacher.

Here are a couple I have of the WH Fake for reference.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher  

And a couple of original Wilhelm Hobacher, Wien ISA's to compare.

The first has the Block hinge hardware and the second is the Sheet Metal hinge variant.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher  

Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher   Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, William Hobacher