Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi! So I bought my fiest Infaterie Sturmabzeichen from Stockholm Militaria. From the Photos online it looked good. Now that i have it in my hand I am uncertain since it is a lot darker then

Default Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Hi!
    So I bought my fiest Infaterie Sturmabzeichen from Stockholm Militaria. From the Photos online it looked good. Now that i have it in my hand I am uncertain since it is a lot darker then I expected (I know the silver finish Isn't there anymore) Can some one Help me with the authentication ad maybe recommend me a good book on these badges for further research?

Thanks!
    Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen[ATTACH=CONFIG]1726841[/ATTACH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

It looks like a ShuCo design to me.
    Can you post some more in focus, straight on photos?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for the fast reply!
    Here is a more close up photo

?

Welcome to the forum.
    In your most recent photo, the badge looks like it still has traces of a bronze wash which would make it look darker.
    If you wish to learn more about these badges, get a drink and go through the forum here. There is a wealth of information and images to look through.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks! I will take a look at the forums. So this badge is certenly authentic?

Hello,

I have one of these unmarked ShuCo Design ISA's that matches the vein pattern of the one you posted.
    I purchased it years ago and have not seen another that matches this set-up.

I have always been skeptical of the hardware set-up as well.

Can you post close-ups of the hinge and catch like the ones I show below?

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Hi!
    Here are the photos from what I see mine has the catch faceing the other direction

Best Regards!
    Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie SturmabzeichenNeed Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen

Thanks for the additional photos, all looks correct.

Apologies for the late reply, I was focused on the hardware and this had me somewhat puzzled.
    Once I started comparing the leaf/vein patterns to other ShuCo Family examples, I found the maker.

This one is attributed to the firm of Eduard Hahn, Oberstein Nehe and I believe it's a worn silver grade judging by the hardware. The pitting most likely from moisture/poor storage over the years.

The 2L wreath leaf (circled in red) on your example is unique to the Hahn variant.
    Also, the 2R leaf on yours appeared to missing the lowest leaf vein (blue arrow) but after increasing the size, you can see it.

Here is one of my Hahn examples with a round catch plate from my collection and the obverse tell-tale circled leaf patterns.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Also note, the Hahn variant used several different hardware set-ups and finish coatings were not consistent either.
    Some display heavy coating, while others appear to have had a thin wash applied that faded with time.

Here are the rest of my Hahn examples with different hardware set-ups and finishes.

Best Regards, fischer

Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen   Need Help with the authentication of this Infanterie Sturmabzeichen  

Hallo Fischer,
    Thank you so much for the time you spent on researching and the wealth of knowlage you gave me!
    I really appriciate your dedication!

Best Regards!