Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.

Article about: These early Deumer's remind me of my "Deep Pan" GAB. I really dig it and the photos don't do it justice. It just looks really neat in hand.

TWS
    ?

Default Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.

These early Deumer's remind me of my "Deep Pan" GAB. I really dig it and the photos don't do it justice. It just looks really neat in hand.

Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Stunningly beautiful award Todd. A new pickup?

Looks like the collection is growing. I think you need a numbered badge next
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Stunningly beautiful award Todd. A new pickup?

Looks like the collection is growing. I think you need a numbered badge next
    Thank-you! I like it a lot.
    Yes sir. A recent arrival.

I think you forgot that I have this JFS:

Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.

Now sell me your numbered GAB.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Ahhh yes. An unmarked JFS if I remember correctly.

Didn't see it in you photo

The GAB like my M40 police isn't going anywhere I'm afraid no matter how much you pressure me
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ahhh yes. An unmarked JFS if I remember correctly.

Didn't see it in you photo

The GAB like my M40 police isn't going anywhere I'm afraid no matter how much you pressure me
    Yep! Unmarked JFS.

That's not ALL of my badges in the photo. Some are scattered here and there in my display and the Luftwaffe badges and flight clasps have their own cases.

Can't blame you on the GAB. I made a run at one last year and got outbid (way outbid).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

hvm
    ?

I like the detail in this award. Very nice catch.

Hello,

A very nice example Todd...congrats on adding this one to your very nice and ever growing collection.

Your new Deumer ISA is one of two obverse designs and is what I refer to as the Die 2 Type.
    The reason being, we can see this same obverse design continued on in use with the Zinc hollow variants as well.

The main difference (see red circle) is the Die 2 has a center leaf vein in the 4R wreath leaf...the Die 1 variant does not.
    Also, the Die 1 is not found in use on a Zinc hollow Deumer.

Here are my examples showing the difference between the two BM Deumer ISA's.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.   Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.  

Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.   Tombak Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen by Wilhelm Deumer, silver grade.  

Wow Todd, outstanding!
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

TWS
    ?

Thank-you fischer. And thanks for the additional explication.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."